Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download Amcrest Cloud

When I attempt to download Amcrest Cloud, the process goes into a recurring loop. Purchase (its a free app, how dumb); Sign In with Apple ID; verify payment from wallet (it is current and valid); then the loop starts with a request to Sign In with Apple ID. Same result whether from my iPhone or iPad. The only possible reason I can imagine is that it is a purchase for zero dollars which gives the system a headache.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 12, 2020 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2020 9:24 AM

Hello FrustratedAmcrestUser,

Knowing the issue is specific to that application is greatly helps. Continuing to work with the application developer is the right route from here as it is related to their specific application. If you need any assistance in the future don't hesitate to post in Apple Support Communities, or reach out to Apple directly.

Have a great week!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2020 9:24 AM in response to FrustratedAmcrestUser

Knowing the issue is specific to that application is greatly helps. Continuing to work with the application developer is the right route from here as it is related to their specific application. If you need any assistance in the future don't hesitate to post in Apple Support Communities, or reach out to Apple directly.

Have a great week!

Nov 18, 2020 4:43 PM in response to FrustratedAmcrestUser

Being able to download applications to your device is very important, and you've come to a great place for help. Are you having issues installing other applications or updating apps that you've already downloaded? If so, have you verified that your device is updated to the latest iOS, iPadOS, or macOS version? If not, please confirm your devices are updated.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to update the software on your Mac

If your devices are updated, please restart your devices to see if the issue continues. If you continue to have issues after restarting please reach out to Apple via the Get Support website.

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPod touch

Restart your iPad

Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

Take care!

Nov 19, 2020 6:22 AM in response to KMB_12

Kareng...those are all helpful suggestions and were some of the first things I verified. Amcrest eventually said “look for an update” via their product support people. While I never saw an update, eventually there was an “immaculate installation” on both my iPad and iPhone. I have no idea what changed but obviously something did from their end. Now the problem has morphed into the software will not allow me to register (“your registration has failed” but no reason/error code was given). And Amcrest support has no solutions. Poor software and support, land mines and reduced functionality in firmware, but reasonably decent hardware. I definitely cannot recommend Amcrest.

Unable to download Amcrest Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.