Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Keep email on original server

I just purchased a new MacBook Air. Like others in this group, now I cannot keep the original emails on my server. I have 2 other computers I need to be able to download the emails and for work, need to keep them on the server. It's not just that they are deleted, they disappear. I cannot use Mail at all now. I have seen different suggestions using imap, pop or other downloads but cannot get them to work. Why can't Apple just bring back the simple click option to keep emails on the server?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 12:21 PM

Request a feature: Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies

Oct 31, 2023 1:47 PM in response to stumpy1946

I just purchased a new MacBook Air. Like others in this group, now I cannot keep the original emails on my server. I have 2 other computers I need to be able to download the emails and for work, need to keep them on the server. It's not just that they are deleted, they disappear. I cannot use Mail at all now. I have seen different suggestions using imap, pop or other downloads but cannot get them to work. Why can't Apple just bring back the simple click option to keep emails on the server?

Keep email on original server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.