MacBook Air M2 speaker replacement - what is System Configuration tool?

Hey,

I bought a MacBook Air M2 shortly after they released last year. Weeks before the warranty lapsed, the left speaker broke - standard buzzing sounds at every volume, despite the fact that it was probably used above half volume a handful of times. For many reasons, I was unable to get it shipped to Apple for repair within the warranty period, so I'm considering buying the part myself and doing the repair myself.

On Apple's self service repair site, it says the part requires the "System Configuration software tool" and to contact them after performing the repair.

What exactly does this mean? The tutorials I've seen from third parties doing this repair don't mention this. Is this some extra step on the software side of things that I'll have to do after finishing the hardware repair in order for the new part(s) to function?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, macOS 14.1

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 4:31 PM

Contact them here: https://www.selfservicerepair.com/en-US/home

"We are here to support questions about your order and assist with the System Configuration step that may be required at the end of your repair."

1 reply

MacBook Air M2 speaker replacement - what is System Configuration tool?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.