iPhone 13 Pro rear camera black

For months my iPhone 13 Pros camera hasn't worked properly. It evolves the camera app in general but mostly the back facing camera. When I open the camera app it will be a black screen for both front and back cameras, if I toggle back and forth and leave it on the front for 20 seconds the front will eventually start working. But the back stays black and if I leave it on the back it will like glitch and just automatically go back to the front camera. When the issues first started they weren't this bad, originally it seemed to effect both cameras and sometimes it would freeze, wouldn't focus, would focus but if I zoom it wouldn't refocus, would be a black screen but would work after toggling. I have tried every available fix including: cleaning the camera lenses, removing the case and all accessories including screen protector just in case (I did have a MagSafe pop socket on it but I took it off and have not put it back on and it was my understanding that magnets could temporarily effect the camera), toggling between front/back facing camera, force closing app, restarting phone, resetting to factory settings, I took it in to the Genius Bar and they ran diagnostics and said the hardware was fine and they reinstalled the software, that worked for 5 minutes. I’ve deleted most of my third party apps that use the camera especially Snapchat since the Genius Bar guy said that can do weird things to the camera. I’ve reset to factory settings again. I erased all content and settings, I turned off and deleted my old iCloud backups after deleting all the other apps so they wouldn’t be on my new backup. Ive noticed a lot of people also having issues and everything they have suggested has not worked. Is there some other random idea anyone has that could fix the problem ? Could there be a hardware thing that the diagnostics wouldn't catch?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 31, 2023 8:07 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 13 Pro rear camera black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.