multiple copies of App Store

I seem to have multiple copies of the some Apple applications, eg App Store, Calendar, Calculator, two in the Applications folder at the top level of my hard drive (how can you have two copies in the same folder?), and one in an Applications folder in the System folder (see screen shots):

Can I delete at least one of these? Which one? And why do I have an Applications folder in the System folder anyway? Can I delete that if all the apps are also in the main Applications folder?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 6:31 AM

The one in the System folder is for applications bundled with the OS; for convenience, they also appear when opening the top-level Applications folder. All of the ones with a modification date of April 4, 2023 are older versions and should be removed.

(246456)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2023 6:31 AM in response to Leo Bloom

The one in the System folder is for applications bundled with the OS; for convenience, they also appear when opening the top-level Applications folder. All of the ones with a modification date of April 4, 2023 are older versions and should be removed.

(246456)

multiple copies of App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.