Is there a hardshell (or any) cover or case for the MacBook Air 15"?

I didn't think about it when I got it (yeah, this is my first Apple laptop) but I need a case for it. I'd prefer a hardshell. Does Apple not make one? Is there any other case anyone knows of that will fit?

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2023 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 6:44 PM

Kimsabutterfly Said:

"I might give that a try, but only use it when I know it might get banged around. I appreciate your response and thanks for the input!"

-------

You are welcome.

My Mac is not always in this holder. It's just placed in there when I am not using it. I always take it out. So, consider the same.

5 replies

Nov 1, 2023 5:34 PM in response to Kimsabutterfly

Kimsabutterfly Said:

"Is there a hardshell (or any) cover or case for the MacBook Air 15"?: I didn't think about it when I got it (yeah, this is my first Apple laptop) but I need a case for it. I'd prefer a hardshell. Does Apple not make one? Is there any other case anyone knows of that will fit?"

-------

Some Notes to Go By...

Based on Personal Experience:

• Hardshell Cases: They can get a crack in them, can make the device overheat, and can cause condensation
  • Keyboard Covers: Condensation condenses on the LogicBoard, and then the screen and other connectors become loose, and corrode
  • Screen Covers: Debris gathers on it, and then when you close the screen it falls underneath the keyboard.

So, what I Use on my 2018 15" MacBook Pro:

On Amazon: MOSISO Compatible with MacBook Pro 15 inch Case, Wine Red

Nov 1, 2023 5:15 PM in response to Kimsabutterfly

Kimsabutterfly wrote:

I didn't think about it when I got it (yeah, this is my first Apple laptop) but I need a case for it. I'd prefer a hardshell. Does Apple not make one? Is there any other case anyone knows of that will fit?

My recommendation is not to use a hard case. Modern computers dissipate heat through the body of the computer. A hard case may interfere with the cooling of the computer. I use a computer backpack when traveling with my computer. I make sure the computer is off before placing it in the backpack.

Is there a hardshell (or any) cover or case for the MacBook Air 15"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.