Lightning to av adapter

Hey,

I would like to connect my monitor to the 9th generation ipad and I found out it outputs 4:3 aspect ratio but can i connect my keyboard and mouse via the usb c port on the adapter with an offbrand known to be working adapter?

thank you.

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 6:39 AM

5 replies

Nov 2, 2023 9:22 AM in response to GGGtuijnman

GGGtuijnman wrote:

Hey,
thank you this is very helpfull.
i am going to try it and if it does not work I will use the magic mouse and I believe the keyboard case for the ipad also works when connected to a monitor.

The Magic Mouse is a good (although relatively expensive) option. You might also consider Apple's Magic Trackpad (available in white or black):

• Magic Trackpad - White Multi-Touch Surface

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/MK2D3Z/A

The iPad Smart (folio) keyboard is one of many options - and still leaves the iPad's Lightning port available for the Digital AV Adapter.

Nov 2, 2023 7:20 AM in response to GGGtuijnman

Ideally, if using an external keyboard and mouse, you would choose Bluetooth (wireless) devices - as these don't require a wired connection. That said, your iPad does support USB keyboard and [basic] two/three button + scroll-wheel Mouse devices.

Your iPad9 has a single Lightning port. If you are using an Apple Lightning to Digital AV (HDMI) Adapter to connect your monitor to you iPad, you'll not a have an available USB Port for simultaneous connection of wired USB peripherals - and for this reason Bluetooth devices add flexibility.

iPad models that feature a USB-C port instead of Lightning are more flexible as USB-C provides opportunity to simultaneously connect multiple USB devices via a hub - and/or other interfaces such as an HDMI or DisplayPort monitor.

Simultaneous connection of HDMI plus two or more USB devices via your iPad's Lightning port will be challenging - as you will need to identify a third-party Lightning Adapter with appropriate ports. Economically, other than considering an alternative model iPad that features a USB-C port, you find you have more options by considering a compatible Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse for your application.

Lightning to av adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.