You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse is only right-clicking

I found this issue from a while back:

Why is my Magic Mouse only right-clicking… - Apple Community

I'm seeing the same behavior.

For the last few weeks my Apple Magic Mouse (white) has been misbehaving. It won't right click sometimes/at all; then, if I disconnect/reconnect it will without error, for a short period. Basically just intermittent issues. I'd gone through the same troubleshooting steps as in the post; nothing really worked.

In this case I just happened to have another Apple Magic Mouse (black). I plugged it in and all the goofiness went away. So, it could be that...

When the Apple Magic Mouse fails, it doesn't just flop over, dead; apparently it could just be obnoxious until you retire it. I'm sure it was at least years old so I got my use out of it but GOOD LAWD, what a pita.

I hope this helps the next person.

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 3:34 PM

There are no replies.

Magic Mouse is only right-clicking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.