You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck signing into iCloud on new IPhone 15

Im transferring from an IPhone 12 to a 15 and while I was setting up my new one I accidentally canceled the sync on my 12, but it still let me continue on the 15. When I got to the signing into iCloud it has been loading for almost a half hour!!

iPhone 12

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 4:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 5:06 PM

To be clear I can’t click out of the sign in screen. I can’t power off my phone and can’t press the back button on the new IPhone.

21 replies

Nov 2, 2023 5:29 PM in response to BenFromI

BenFromI Said:

"Stuck signing into iCloud on new IPhone 15: To be clear I can’t click out of the sign in screen. I can’t power off my phone and can’t press the back button on the new IPhone."

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Wait it Out:

It will take some time. So, you'll just have to wait ti out. Do not interrupt it. Place it atop a laptop cooler, until all is completed.

May 5, 2024 12:57 AM in response to SeirTheFallen

I am just wondering if you found a fix to this, I am also experiencing the same issue after phone reset, there is nothing I can do its been saying signing in for the past two hours, I get what others are saying try switch to a different wifi strength etc but what they are not seeing here is that we can't get into the phone to do anything like this? I am wondering if I connect it to my MacBook if It would sync with it?

Nov 2, 2023 5:03 PM in response to BenFromI

BenFromI Said:

"Stuck signing into iCloud on new IPhone 15: Im transferring from an IPhone 12 to a 15 and while I was setting up my new one I accidentally canceled the sync on my 12, but it still let me continue on the 15. When I got to the signing into iCloud it has been loading for almost a half hour!!"

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Logins:

I. Go here: If you can't Connect or Sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

II. Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi:

Try these Thoughts:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If connecting is unsuccessful, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and Cookies

Go Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

and...

B. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

and...

C. Troubleshooting Connectivity:

Wi-Fi: If your iPhone won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

and...

D. Reset your Network Settings:

May 31, 2024 10:53 PM in response to BenFromI

I have worked around this problem following this process: Close the setup new phone window on the original iphone. This prompts a 'phone reset' on the new iphone, follow the prompts and reset. Then from my Macbook (probably can do from the original phone or via appleid.com) I opened up my apple id info and viewed devices. Select the new iphone and delete it from your apple id.

From this point I just started over following the prompts.

I think the issue is that the new phone has already added itself to your apple id, and the script that's running does not account for this scenario. By removing the new phone from your account, the script can run as expected for a clean install.

Worked for me, so worth a try.

Aug 20, 2024 6:53 AM in response to BenFromI

I was having this same problem. Stuck on the sign-in page. For hours.

As per other suggestions listed here and elsewhere I rebooted both the new and the old phones.

I had changed my password when I started this whole process. (What's with Apple anyway, anytime I need to do something it makes me change my password? !?X!)

Anyway, turns out that even though I had changed the password, I needed to re-sign in on my old phone.

Not sure if those were the only two things I did (other than tearing my hair out), but that fixed the problem so I could get back to the set up page.

Hope this helps someone.

Stuck signing into iCloud on new IPhone 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.