Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Security concerns about my iPhone 12

I think my WiFi is attacked by MiTM method so if I use my iPhone in my home network which is affected will it affect my iPhone ?

can they hack into my iPhone and see what I’m doing ?

or tap my microphone or camera ? Is it possible ??

I have not jailbroken my iPhone till now

can an iPhone be hacked using my phone number??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 12:47 PM

With an iPhone you can't get spyware from downloading third parties apps from the Apple App Store. Use a very strong passcode and a two factor authentication so nobody can tamper with your phone. You don't need an antivirus for your iPhone. And symptoms of hacked phone like unknown apps, battery draining or increased data usage, are referring to Android phones mostly.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2023 12:47 PM in response to Rebellion_123

With an iPhone you can't get spyware from downloading third parties apps from the Apple App Store. Use a very strong passcode and a two factor authentication so nobody can tamper with your phone. You don't need an antivirus for your iPhone. And symptoms of hacked phone like unknown apps, battery draining or increased data usage, are referring to Android phones mostly.

Nov 3, 2023 12:32 PM in response to Rebellion_123

Rebellion_123 wrote:

So if it is happened can you please tell what are the symptoms of hacked iPhone

If the attacker is any good, there are no symptoms.

can third party apps spy on iPhone which is mentioned in google is 100% correct?

Can iPhone be exploited? Yes. It is very rare, and all current information indicates that such tooling is highly targeted. (Broad usage of exploit tooling increases the risks of exposure and remediation, and the exploits used are worth millions of US dollars.)

They say by providing the number the person can get all details without jailbreaking or is it a marketing technique?

If you have done something of interest and are a target of espionage-level tooling, sure. Investigative journalist, political dissident, senior in private or government or politics, with access to classified or sensitive data, or with access to great wealth, or some other reason a government might be specifically interested in you or someone adjacent to you, you might be a target.

If you are not of interest to a government or some immensely-well-funded adversary or such, there are many other things to be more concerned about.

Wi-Fi networks are not themselves a risk any more than a coffee shop is a risk, as iPhone uses secure network connections.

Far more common is phishing and occasional for ypir credentials, password reuse, shoulder surfing, failure to resolve issues highlighted by Apple in the security recommendations, and other such. (We ourselves are increasingly the targets for the exploits; we ourselves get fooled and get exploited. Less so our devices.)

Start here: Personal Safety User Guide - Apple Support

Run Safety Check, as described there. Enable two-factor. Check the password security recommendations, too.

Maybe (maybe!) enable lockdown mode, and maybe switch to security keys, if you are at risk.

If you are a potential target, get specialized assistance with your security.

Security concerns about my iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.