You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wired headsets iPhone 15 ProMax

Iphone 15 ProMax 512gb. Brand new. Insert USB-C wired headphones and are detected by iOS. Symbol on Volume bar shown. Play music no issues. In phone call on either cellular or using WhatsApp the headphones are not detected. Normal trouble shooting down (jack is brand new, hard reset, reinstalled WhatsApp, tested headphones on alternate USB-C product). Appears software solution required. They work fine on my ProMax 12.

Solutions coming apple?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 26, 2024 6:25 PM in response to Matt_B1972

I am a new iphone user. I just got my 15 pro a few weeks ago. My wired headphones that I bought specifically to be USB compatible rather than the 3.5 aux jack, worked just fine with listening to music, listening to voicemails and other media but the second I tried making a call? Drop to phone speaker. Answer a call? Same thing. Messed in accessibility settings, switched headphones around, looked online and lo and behold.. this seems to be on purpose. I guess I'm somewhat grateful that my Bluetooth headphones work with calls even though I still had to mess with settings for that. So I had to take a work call out in public without appropriate headphones because you refuse to integrate wired third party headphones with calls (ironic really, as this is a primary phone function - taking calls in a manner the owner wants?)

[Edited by Moderator]

wired headsets iPhone 15 ProMax

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.