Shift/ command/ option keys not working when using Wacom pen

Hi community,

after installing Sonoma 14.1 on my iMac Pro, the shift/ command/ option key does not react with I use it with the Wacom pen. When I use my mouse, these keys work. It's as if the keyboard doesn't recognise the pen as the mouse. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Wacom drive 6.4.4-2 but still the problem is there.

I checked Privacy & Security - Input Monitoring and Accessibility, it's all turned on. What am I doing wrong? I just want these keys to function when I'm drawing. I would appreciate any help out here. Thanks

iMac Pro, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 3, 2023 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2023 1:56 AM

I've been trouble shooting and I am pretty sure it's the Wacom driver not OS 14. After reinstalling and going to the settings over and over again, next I tried downloading an older Wacom pen and tablet driver and the pen didn't work at all with the older driver. After that with my mouse I reinstalled the OS14 Wacom driver and for the first time the 'shift alt command' keys started to work consistently. Not sure if this the workaround yet, but it's holding for now by doing this. 1- install older driver 2- reinstall latest driver.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2023 1:56 AM in response to venicesurf

I've been trouble shooting and I am pretty sure it's the Wacom driver not OS 14. After reinstalling and going to the settings over and over again, next I tried downloading an older Wacom pen and tablet driver and the pen didn't work at all with the older driver. After that with my mouse I reinstalled the OS14 Wacom driver and for the first time the 'shift alt command' keys started to work consistently. Not sure if this the workaround yet, but it's holding for now by doing this. 1- install older driver 2- reinstall latest driver.

Nov 13, 2023 10:43 PM in response to venicesurf

Wacom wrote me back. Ill share the instructions they gave to me. Here you go-

This can be something related to a bug happening on the latest versions of the driver. Today, we have released a new version that should fix this problem, please follow the Steps below:

1. Disconnect your tablet from the computer.
  2. Go to your Applications folder in Finder, and delete the Wacom Tablet folder.
  3. Click on Go (up on the menu bar of your Mac), and then go to Computer.
  4. Click to open your hard drive (by default named Macintosh HD).
  5. Open the Library folder.
  6. Check for and delete any of the following, if found:
    1. Library/Application Support> delete the Tablet folder.
    2. Library/Frameworks> delete the WacomMultiTouch.framework
    3. Library/Launch Agents> delete any “com.wacom…” items found here.
    4. Library/LaunchDaemons> delete any “com.wacom…” items found here.
    5. Library/PreferencePanes> delete WacomTablet.prefpane and WacomCenter.prefpane
    6. Library/Preferences> delete the Tablet folder.
    7. Library/PriviledgedHelperTools> delete any “com.wacom…” items found here.
  7. Empty your Trash, then restart your Mac via Apple menu > Restart
  8. Download and install the driver: https://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.4.4-5.dmg
  9. With the driver installed, connect your Wacom again and test.

Shift/ command/ option keys not working when using Wacom pen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.