MacOS Calendar search not working - Sonoma 14.1

When I upgraded to Sonoma 14.1 my search on calendar stopped working. All I get is "No Results"

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Nov 5, 2023 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2024 3:51 PM

I had this issue too!

Doing this fixed it (which I think is what adamint222 is suggesting):

Go System Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Show more apps and toggle OFF iCloud Calendar. Click DONE and then open Calendar to see everything has disappeared. Don't panic. Go back to System Settings and toggle back ON iCloud Calendar then go back to Calendar to see everything reappear. Phew.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2024 3:51 PM in response to BCar

I had this issue too!

Doing this fixed it (which I think is what adamint222 is suggesting):

Go System Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Show more apps and toggle OFF iCloud Calendar. Click DONE and then open Calendar to see everything has disappeared. Don't panic. Go back to System Settings and toggle back ON iCloud Calendar then go back to Calendar to see everything reappear. Phew.

Nov 30, 2023 9:05 AM in response to BCar

I'm just bewildered about why this has had no replies. I'm sorry I can't help directly, but my Spotlight failure is slightly different. I searched for "pest control" and the results showed a single instance of "pest control" in my calendar, the latest occurrence. I can manually locate others. I'm rebuilding my Spotlight index at the moment and I've ensured that Events & Reminders has a check mark next to it in Siri & Spotlight in System Settings, but I have AppleCare Plus for my M1 silicone MacBook Pro 16", so I'll request help from Apple if reindexing doesn't help, and I'll report back here about what I find out.

Nov 30, 2023 10:32 AM in response to BCar

I investigated further, and learned that the calendar I was searching on the Mac is an iCloud calendar, and that performing the search on my iPhone yielded more correct results. So I decided to try to sign out of iCloud on the Mac, then sign back in. That appeared to fix the search problem for me.

May 28, 2024 6:09 AM in response to BCar

Worked for me too. Thank you.

BTW I spent an hour with Apple Support who told me to do a Safe reboot, then to reinstall my Mac OS. Which did nothing to resolve the Cal indexing problem.

The answer should have been instant at their fingertips!!

This is one of many instances when I wasted my time calling support.

I am actually puzzled why at the age of AI, Apple support is so ridiculously incompetent, and not collecting solutions info internally or via automated scouting of their own community forums.

Billions of dollars and no intelligence.

I started using Macs in 1989 by the way.

Jun 14, 2024 9:15 AM in response to dwonderwall

Thank you for this step-by-step! I have been trying to fix this issue for months, spent hours on calls with Apple Support and even advanced tech did not offer this simple solution. The exact steps are very helpful, especially the "don't panic" reassurance, because yes my entire calendar did disappear for a while and that would have rather freaked me out.

MacOS Calendar search not working - Sonoma 14.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.