You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M2 Pro High Memory Pressure compared to Intel

Short story - 2018 Intel MacBook Pro memory pressure never enters yellow, Max swap 10GB. Brand new M2 Pro Laptop frequently enters yellow memory pressure would say nearly red as quite high on chart and uses up to 20GB swap. (Same 16GB Memory, 2018 MBP has built in graphics)

I dont just want to be told to upgrade memory or am I using a monitor etc. Same setup, same open apps, same GB of memory, can someone explain why the new MBP memory pressure is so high compared to Intel chip?

Have returned and awaiting M3 Max w/ 36GB but I just want to know why this happens from a tech perspective. I also find apps are using way more memory than my Intel MBP sitting right next to it, almost as if they know the comp can handle it.. weird.. If anyone does know the deets would be helpful thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 7:18 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

M2 Pro High Memory Pressure compared to Intel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.