Downloading video from a SD card to my iPad Pro via the usb-c card reader.

How do I download my SD card video to my IPad Pro? I have the USB-C to SD card reader adaptor plugged in.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2023 9:02 AM

Start here:

Connect external storage devices to iPad - Apple Support

Direct import of photos and videos from your camera SD Card to your Photo library is possible - subject to a couple of caveats:

• the SD Card must be correctly formatted as FAT, FAT32 or exFAT (FAT64)
  • stored photos are stored within the expected DCIM folder

Import photos using Apple camera adapters - Apple Support

If you are unable to use the direct photo import feature, you can still manually access and copy photos from the SD Card using the iPad’s built-in Files App. To do so, just open the Files App - and in the Sidebar you will see your SD Card in the list of Locations. If necessary, open the sidebar by tapping the sidebar icon at top-left of the Files App Window. Photos can be copied to the iPad Photo Library, or copied to a folder of your choice either on your iPad or elsewhere.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2023 9:02 AM in response to dieter132

Start here:

Connect external storage devices to iPad - Apple Support

Direct import of photos and videos from your camera SD Card to your Photo library is possible - subject to a couple of caveats:

• the SD Card must be correctly formatted as FAT, FAT32 or exFAT (FAT64)
  • stored photos are stored within the expected DCIM folder

Import photos using Apple camera adapters - Apple Support

If you are unable to use the direct photo import feature, you can still manually access and copy photos from the SD Card using the iPad’s built-in Files App. To do so, just open the Files App - and in the Sidebar you will see your SD Card in the list of Locations. If necessary, open the sidebar by tapping the sidebar icon at top-left of the Files App Window. Photos can be copied to the iPad Photo Library, or copied to a folder of your choice either on your iPad or elsewhere.

Downloading video from a SD card to my iPad Pro via the usb-c card reader.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.