Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Why can't I delete some photos from the phone??

There is no delete option-please help me for delete some image..

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 11:57 AM

Normally that happens when the photos in question were synced directly from a computer over USB.

In those cases, the only way to delete them, is to un-sync them on a computer to remove them.

You can connect the iPhone to a Mac or PC, go into the Photos section in the Summary screen for the iPhone in Finder on a Mac or iTunes on a PC and turn off Sync photos to remove them.

click here ➜ Sync your photos using the Finder - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2023 11:57 AM in response to hoseinsh69

Normally that happens when the photos in question were synced directly from a computer over USB.

In those cases, the only way to delete them, is to un-sync them on a computer to remove them.

You can connect the iPhone to a Mac or PC, go into the Photos section in the Summary screen for the iPhone in Finder on a Mac or iTunes on a PC and turn off Sync photos to remove them.

click here ➜ Sync your photos using the Finder - Apple Support

Nov 7, 2023 3:01 PM in response to hoseinsh69

Only the photos that were synced originally from the PC will be deleted when you un-sync. Anything not originally synced will remain intact on the iPhone.

If its the same computer that synced them, then you can further select them individually for removal.

If its a different computer, your only choice is to turn off the Sync option entirely and it will remove all synced photos, but not the ones taken on the iPhone, downloaded or created on it. Those will remain.

Why can't I delete some photos from the phone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.