Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: About the security content of iOS 16.7.2 and iPadOS 16.7.2

Can I update to 16.7.2 on my iPhone SE 2020?

I want to update to IOS 16.7.2 on my old iPhone SE 2020 but I keep getting an error.

Is it possible to get the update on this iPhone?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2023 11:05 PM

4 replies

Nov 9, 2023 12:11 PM in response to phh114

phh114 Said:

The error is really generic. I thought 9GB would be sufficient for this update

———-

Thank you for the screenshot.

Clear Space:

Seems it stalled, and that you space is just about earn up. You should always have of 40% free space on an iPhone. So, you need to clear space and then perform this once more. Read the following…

Caches may have intensely uploaded. So, clear them.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

Continue to my following reply.

Nov 9, 2023 12:09 PM in response to phh114

Continued from my previous reply.

phh114 Said:

The error is really generic. I thought 9GB would be sufficient for this update

———-

Thank you for the screenshot.

Thank rotating circle on the to-left corner tells me that you are having connectivity issues of sorts. So, what to do…

Update Using a Computer and Ethernet:

Try updating via a computer. Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip.

Using Ethernet:

If you cannot use Wi-Fi, then use Ethernet. On the computer, you would connect it through Ethernet, going directly into your router. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

Can I update to 16.7.2 on my iPhone SE 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.