Apple Music playlist covers are blank on iPhone

Hi, a few days ago I made a playlist, but unlike usual, my playlist cover looked blank and didn't automatically contain the album art of the songs I included in it. My other playlists are still normal, but not the playlists I made in the last few days. BTW, I'm currently running on IOS 17, even after I updated to 17.1.1, this still happens. I've restarted and tried creating a new playlist but there's no change. My playlist cover remains blank. I need advice regarding this.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM

me too. I really hate this update. I want at least the option to have album cover artwork collaged as the playlist cover. The cover album options they give you are so ugly

34 replies

Jan 25, 2024 11:31 AM in response to moch129

Yes, it's the same using the app on MacOS or iOS, so somebody thought this horrible change was a good idea and others signed off on it! What were they thinking?

There's a very good reason many people like original album covers, they're instantly recognisable by anybody across the planet. The option, at least, to keep the original title and artwork should be reinstated. This new system is even a slower way to create a new playlist.

Apple messed up a while back with Music playlists. Eventually, they got it working properly again and... now see fit to mess it up intentionally. I'm disappointed and quite upset by this. My only suggestion is that people keep their own copies of original album artwork that they can then upload and use for their playlists.

Apple Music playlist covers are blank on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.