Cannot avail free Apple TV trial for 3 months

I have recently purchased an LG TV and that comes with a free trial for three months. I used the QR code to link the TV with my apple id. Also my apple id has UPI and Apple Funds added as payment method which are used for existing Subscriptions. In spite of that I am getting an error while availing the trial on TV which is asking me to verify payment method. I am out of luck here. Any help would be appreciated.

55UR7500PSC,

Posted on Nov 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2023 2:01 AM

Faced the same issue.

Added Rs.100 to apple ID, removed all my payment methods and kept only Apple ID as default option.

Went back to TV and opted for 3 month trial again and it worked.

Note: I’ve already used a few months of trial on my iphone.

Hope this helps someone.✌️

17 replies

Nov 10, 2023 10:45 AM in response to debamitra

I have the exact same issue. One thing I noticed is that if I try to activate the trial on my iPad, it gives same prompt to verify payment method, but after clicking on continue it goes to the page which asks to setup mandate on UPI app. This page doesn't appear on the LG TV Apple app, it just brings back the verify payment prompt again. The issue is the Apple app shows 3 months trial only on the LG app and everywhere else only 7 days. Not clear whether it's an LG WebOS Apple app issue or some other issue, but we need some solution to this.

Nov 10, 2023 6:58 AM in response to debamitra

Is this for India? The LG India offer is limited to one TV (multiple users can’t redeem again through the same TV), and to one Apple ID. The LG India offer ends November 12th. Look at the Terms and Conditions listed, if previous Apple TV+ subscribers are eligible; prior offers in the US didn’t allow that.

Contact Apple Support if you can’t resolve the payment method issue. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

May 18, 2024 5:01 AM in response to socramedina

Same here!! It shows I have already redeem, but when login into Apple Music ask for pay

The offer for Apple TV+ is separate from the use of Apple Music. It is intended to ask for an additional subscription for the other service.

If you want both (₹99/m + ₹99/m), then there is an option for Apple One [Individual] (₹195/m for: Apple TV+, Apple Music, Apple Arcade, Apple iCloud+ 50 GB). Note that it can’t be combined with free offers; it would replace the component subscriptions. Apple One starts with a 1 month free trial but only for the service components that you haven’t tried/​used before.

Nov 10, 2023 8:30 AM in response to Urquhart1244

This is for LG India and I am trying to avail it in my only TV which I recently purchased a month back. I don't have multiple TVs, neither there are multiple users. I am able to get to the screen where it asks me to link the TV and I can see in my account that the TV is linked. But then I am stuck in the next screen where is says Verify Payment Method. As mentioned I do have Apple Funds and UPI added as payment method and my existing subscriptions like Netflix, hotstart, etc works with those payment methods.

Mar 12, 2024 8:51 PM in response to debamitra

Thank you, Yogi, for your assistance. The solution you provided worked for me. However, I encountered additional challenges beyond those listed. Specifically, I faced difficulty removing my UPI from my account, receiving the error message "you have 1 active subscription which require payment to be on file."

Action 1: I attempted to remove all active subscriptions, but unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue; the same error persisted.

Action 2 (successful solution): I opted to change my payment method from UPI to a bank account to recharge my Apple ID, and to my delight, it worked flawlessly, in alignment with the previously suggested solution.

Mar 12, 2024 9:18 PM in response to debamitra

Thank you, Yogi, for your assistance. The solution you provided worked for me. However, I encountered additional challenges beyond those listed. Specifically, I faced difficulty removing my UPI from my account, receiving the error message "you have 1 active subscription which require payment to be on file."

Action 1: I attempted to remove all active subscriptions, but unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue; the same error persisted.

Action 2 (successful solution): I opted to change my payment method from UPI to a bank account to recharge my Apple ID, and to my delight, it worked flawlessly, in alignment with the previously suggested solution.

May 18, 2024 5:21 AM in response to cs1945

Having trouble finding how to apply for the free 3 months. I only wait for the banner to appear but I usually don't have access to my apple device. How do I locate or apply for the promotion?

There are differences per company that makes any offer, based on what is your qualifying device or service. For offers from Apple directly, follow the description from Apple. For offers from partnering other companies (e.g. LG), then follow the descriptions from those other companies. There are also differences in offers by country or country-like region. So, what is the country that your Apple ID is set to?

… but I usually don't have access to my apple device.

I don’t understand. What type of device is that, and how is it inaccessible? Often, redeeming has to happen on de qualifying device (requiring physical access), not a different device. In case of gifts, the offer is for the first registered user, not necessarily for the person that made the purchase.

Cannot avail free Apple TV trial for 3 months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.