Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Screentime/parental control not working

Parental Controls do not work and kids bypass screen restrictions. This has been happening for a year. Is there a fix, or are we waiting for the Apple show to stumble upon a solution and we just let our kids have full throttle access to everything. Has anyone found a solution that doesn’t involve deleting everything from everywhere and resetting it back up? Did that earlier in year and it did not work. Is Apple going to fix this glitch, or should we just assume Apple has no parental controls that work anymore. How hard is it to restrict screen access and screen time for kids? It worked fine up until an iOS update killed the entire system.

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 4:41 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 24, 2024 9:18 PM in response to topperdog

I have the same issue, and I know how the kid does it. I have been requesting support for this problem for a long time but there seems to be no solution from Apple.

The method used is the following:

1. Click on change screentime code.
  2. Click on I forgot the password.
  3. When asked Apple ID he writes it and then click on “forgot password”
  4. Then you are asked the 6 digit code of the phone (!!!) and there you go, it allows him to change the Apple ID password, with which he is allowed to change the 4 digit screen time code and disable it.

Now the kid can do whatever he wants.

If he has the 6 digit code for unblocking the phone, then the screen time can be overriden in a matter of seconds.

At least this is the problem I have, I hope this can help.

Cheers

Screentime/parental control not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.