“Siri navigate home” takes me to an adjacent street occasionally

Twice now, I’ve asked Siri to navigate me home, but the address it enters into maps is an adjacent street with a similar name

I tried reporting the directions as incorrect in maps, but I couldn’t provide feedback that the end destination was not what I asked

I have changed details of my address to not share where I live, but this is similar to the observed behavior:

home is set on my contact card to 5 Birch St #12, Siri enters 5212 Birch Ct into maps

This is quite annoying because when I get home the navigation is still running because it thinks I’m still trying to navigate down the street a ways and navigation has to be manually ended

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 10, 2023 11:12 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Nov 11, 2023 2:57 AM in response to mrlinuxfish

It's looking like a GPS problem, it can happen depending on the weather conditions, but check the GPS settings

in privacy>Location services>System services toggle on compass calibration, Networking & Wireless  and Motion Calibration & Distance, in Find My turn on precise location. Check your cellular data is on

Make sure that you've set the date, time, and time zone correctly on the device in Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically

After that best Hard restart the iPhone

About privacy and Location Services in iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS - Apple Support

Nov 13, 2023 7:32 AM in response to mrlinuxfish

There are a lot of things that can interfere with GPS signals, including buildings, trees, weather. It's just a limitation of the technology. To compensate for that, phones also use cell towers and WiFi networks to provide additional information.

Make sure that you have WiFi turned on. It doesn't have to be connected to any network, just enabled. This can make a huge difference in the accuracy.

Nov 13, 2023 9:51 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I still fail to see how gps signal is relevant, the issue is the address entered in maps is wrong not that the end location it tries to bring me to is off.

If the end location were incorrect I would send a correction in maps

My home address is set in my contact card, Siri is set to use my contact card for me, and when I dictate to Siri asking what my home address is it comes up with the correct contact card

When I dictate “navigate home” I expect Siri would navigate to the address named Home on my contact card, but the address being navigated to in maps is not the one in my contact card. Tapping Home in maps takes me to the correct address

As far as I can tell, this appears to be a bug. The address 5 Birch St A5 #12 is modified to 5212 Birch Ct somewhere along the way when asked to navigate home but not when home is selected in maps

May 26, 2024 12:55 AM in response to mrlinuxfish

SOLVED!

I had to delete my contact info. Must have somehow been corrupted, but I tried everything else and when I did it and created and typed it all back in again, it worked! Contacts/ click on 'my card' at the top of the list with your name, and edit/delete contact, and start over. I checked everything and it was already typed in perfectly correct, but this worked anyway. Good luck

“Siri navigate home” takes me to an adjacent street occasionally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.