Suite Adobe con processore Intel (MacBook Air 13 -2020)

MacBook Air 13" Retina (2020) - Core i3 1,1 GHz 512 SSD - 8 GB

Buongiorno. Sto valutando l'acquisto per un secondo pc ( in casa sono possessore di un mac mini M2).

Uso,per lavoro, la suite di Adobe (Pthotoshop, Illustrator,Indesign etc).

Avevo valutato questo :

MacBook Air 13" Retina (2020) - Core i3 1,1 GHz 512 SSD - 8 GB.

Il dubbio principale è il supporto, inteso come aggiornamenti e usabilità, nel tempo (da parte di Adobe e Apple) per la suite di Adobe, considerando il processore Intel . 

Grazie in ancitipo per gli eventuali consigli.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 11, 2023 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2023 10:50 AM

Good morning. I am considering the purchase for a second pc (at home I am the owner of a mac mini M2).

I use, for work, the Adobe suite (Pthotoshop, Illustrator,Indesign etc).

I had evaluated this:

MacBook Air 13" Retina (2020) - Core i3 1.1 GHz 512 SSD - 8GB.

The main doubt is the support, understood as updates and usability, over time (by Adobe and Apple) for the Adobe suite, considering the Intel processor .

Thank you in ancitipo for any advice.

If your work involves heavy use of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other Adobe apps, I think you'd be frustrated with that MacBook Air for the following reasons:

• It's an Intel-based MBA, and you won't see very many Mac software applications updated or created that support Intel processors.
  • With an Intel Mac, you'd pay a performance penalty in terms of performance, when compared to Apple Silicon models.
  • 8GB RAM will create some bottlenecks for those apps you've mentioned. I would say that you should look for a minimum of 16GB RAM.
  • The MacBook Air supports only one external monitor, so if multiple monitors are in your future, your Mac wouldn't support them.
  • The Core i3 processor is the entry level Intel processor...very underpowered for the Adobe suite.
  • With 512GB of internal storage, you'd need to be storing your files on an external hard drive. Not a big deal, but something to consider.

Now, if this 2020 MBA is only being used for email and web surfing, it might be sufficient. (But I interpreted your post to mean you want to run the Adobe suite on it).

Hope this helps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2023 10:50 AM in response to marco77vicenza

Good morning. I am considering the purchase for a second pc (at home I am the owner of a mac mini M2).

I use, for work, the Adobe suite (Pthotoshop, Illustrator,Indesign etc).

I had evaluated this:

MacBook Air 13" Retina (2020) - Core i3 1.1 GHz 512 SSD - 8GB.

The main doubt is the support, understood as updates and usability, over time (by Adobe and Apple) for the Adobe suite, considering the Intel processor .

Thank you in ancitipo for any advice.

If your work involves heavy use of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other Adobe apps, I think you'd be frustrated with that MacBook Air for the following reasons:

• It's an Intel-based MBA, and you won't see very many Mac software applications updated or created that support Intel processors.
  • With an Intel Mac, you'd pay a performance penalty in terms of performance, when compared to Apple Silicon models.
  • 8GB RAM will create some bottlenecks for those apps you've mentioned. I would say that you should look for a minimum of 16GB RAM.
  • The MacBook Air supports only one external monitor, so if multiple monitors are in your future, your Mac wouldn't support them.
  • The Core i3 processor is the entry level Intel processor...very underpowered for the Adobe suite.
  • With 512GB of internal storage, you'd need to be storing your files on an external hard drive. Not a big deal, but something to consider.

Now, if this 2020 MBA is only being used for email and web surfing, it might be sufficient. (But I interpreted your post to mean you want to run the Adobe suite on it).

Hope this helps.

Suite Adobe con processore Intel (MacBook Air 13 -2020)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.