Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Mail keeps signing me out of outlook

Apple Mail app doesn’t keep me signed into outlook mail . One minute it’s says mail updated just now and then another minute it’s saying account error outlook re enter password for outlook. Sometimes if I wait it will work ok again. This is my personal iPhone. It is also happening on my iPad and another iPhone my wife has. It seems to have started within the last week or two

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 11, 2023 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 5:25 AM

I’m also having this problem, since upgrading to 17.1.1. It’s annoying because I am not receiving emails in a timely fashion. Even after signing back in, it may take a day or two for the emails to go through.

Similar questions

37 replies

Nov 13, 2023 12:31 PM in response to louisegary

This is wild. 3rd sign out by iOS mail over the past week or so on my personal hotmail account as well.

I am actually now worried for my security because when I tried to use the link through mail app settings to re-enter my password for the 3rd time this week (today), it stated that too many attempts have been made by someone so I will need to reset. I knew this was not the case since I had only tried once and had the correct password so after 2 more attempts by exiting out and re-entering the password I decided to go straight to hotmail.com on Safari and lo and behold I had no problem signing in.

Apple please look into this ASAP for security reasons! (My current software is 16.0.3)

Nov 11, 2023 8:15 AM in response to louisegary

Apple Mail app doesn’t keep me signed into outlook mail . One minute it’s says mail updated just now and then another minute it’s saying account error outlook re enter password for outlook. Sometimes if I wait it will work ok again. This is my personal iPhone. It is also happening on my iPad and another iPhone my wife has. It seems to have started within the last week or two. I have tried reinstalling mail app and signing in and out of outlook All devices are under one account

Nov 11, 2023 8:00 AM in response to louisegary

If this is your corporate iPhone, it is important to reach out to the system administrator of your corporate. They will be able to assist you with any issues or concerns related to your device.

However, if it is your personal device, there are a few things to consider. Firstly, check if you have any profiles installed by your corporate, organization, enterprise, or school management. These profiles are typically used to manage certain settings or restrictions on your device.

If you do have a profile installed, and you no longer wish to keep it, you can follow the steps provided by Apple to remove configuration profiles on your iPhone. By doing so, you will eliminate the profile and its associated settings from your device. Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...

In case you need further guidance or encounter any difficulties during the process, it is recommended to contact the system administrator of the organization that provided the profile to you. They will be able to assist you in removing the profile or addressing any concerns you may have.

Apr 23, 2024 8:54 AM in response to louisegary

Just use IMAP instead of adding as an Outlook/Exchange account. Once I did this, no more problems. Make sure your account is set to allow POP3/IMAP access by logging in to Outlook with a web browser and going to the security settings. This is set to off by default. Once you add the account as IMAP, check the settings to make sure they match what I have listed below. Sometimes the default settings will be slightly different, and may actually work, but these are the values specified currently by Microsoft:

Username

Your email address

Password

Your Microsoft account password. 

IMAP server

outlook.office365.com

IMAP port

IMAP encryption

TLS

SMTP server name

smtp-mail.outlook.com

SMTP port

SMTP encryption

STARTTLS

Mail keeps signing me out of outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.