I have an iPad Pro 11 there is no blue folder. How do I download Apple SD card pictures to iPad so I can look at them

I have an iPad Pro 11 with a apple SD card reader I have no blue folder. How do I look at my pictures?

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 6:34 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2023 6:39 AM in response to Usetoilet

Start here:

Connect external storage devices to iPad - Apple Support

Direct import of photos and videos from your camera SD Card to your Photo library is possible - subject to a couple of caveats:

• the SD Card must be correctly formatted as FAT, FAT32 or exFAT (FAT64)
  • stored photos are stored within the expected DCIM folder

Import photos using Apple camera adapters - Apple Support

If you are unable to use the direct photo import feature, you can still manually access and copy photos from the SD Card using the iPad’s built-in Files App. To do so, just open the Files App - and in the Sidebar you will see your SD Card in the list of Locations. If necessary, open the sidebar by tapping the sidebar icon at top-left of the Files App Window. Photos can be copied to the iPad Photo Library, or copied to a folder of your choice either on your iPad or elsewhere.

I have an iPad Pro 11 there is no blue folder. How do I download Apple SD card pictures to iPad so I can look at them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.