Open VPN stops working after reboot My MacBook Pro.

I have a MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.1.1 and Installed OpenVpn as my VPN software to connect to my office. The connection works fine but as soon as I reboot my computer or shut it down the OpenVpn software can not connect any more. Every single fresh install works fine, I can close the VPN, Restart the Open VPN APP or put my computer on sleep and it still works. only falls after a reboot or restart of the computer. I had a Mac mini M2 also with Same OS and installed the same OpenVPN and ti works Jut fine without a glitch. Can't find anything regarding this issue on the internet. Already check the configuration on both computers and looks identical on the OpenVPN App. This is the error after I reboot my laptop.

⏎[Nov 12, 2023, 12:20:52] Transport Error: socket_protect error (UDP)

⏎[Nov 12, 2023, 12:20:52] Client terminated, restarting in 2000 ms...

⏎[Nov 12, 2023, 12:20:54] EVENT: RECONNECTING ⏎[Nov 12, 2023, 12:20:54] EVENT: RESOLVE ⏎[Nov 12, 2023, 12:20:54] Contacting 201.195.XXX.XXX:1194 via UDP

⏎[Nov 12, 2023, 12:20:54] EVENT: WAIT ⏎[Nov 12, 2023, 12:20:54] UnixCommandAgent: transmitting bypass route to /var/run/agent_ovpnconnect.sock

Any ideas on this?

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2024 3:29 AM

Howdy!

I had that same issue. Well many many days and coffee's later and I resolved that.

Open your terminal and paste that command:

sudo launchctl list | grep org.openvpn.client

If you see no output after launching that command - problem is in the OpenVPN Launch Daemon.

Paste another command to launch it:

sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.openvpn.client.plist

That's it, hope it will resolve your issue as well.

Have a good one!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2024 3:29 AM in response to frobertcr

Howdy!

I had that same issue. Well many many days and coffee's later and I resolved that.

Open your terminal and paste that command:

sudo launchctl list | grep org.openvpn.client

If you see no output after launching that command - problem is in the OpenVPN Launch Daemon.

Paste another command to launch it:

sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.openvpn.client.plist

That's it, hope it will resolve your issue as well.

Have a good one!

Open VPN stops working after reboot My MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.