You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A provider switch blocked my iPhone 15 Pro Max and now I have SOS

Liberty Mobile bought ATT where I live. I got a text where they said they would be switching my phone. Well, it seems they did and now I have no Cellular data (SOS) and I called them. They gave me a QR Code to enable it, but they say the phone is blocked. I've had the phone for about three weeks working perfectly. They said something about calling Apple, but what does Apple have to do with this? I am so upset. A new phone that one works with wifi, but I can't send or receive calls.

Thank you,

Gloria

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 5:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2023 5:44 PM

Gloria M Said:

"A provider switch blocked my iPhone 15 Pro Max and now I have SOS"

-------

Getting Out of SOS Mode:

SOS means that you do not have Cellular service at this very moment, but you do have the option to make emergency calls. So, contact you Carrier to get your services back up and running.

Overview this Link: If you See No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Suppor

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2023 5:44 PM in response to Gloria M

Gloria M Said:

"A provider switch blocked my iPhone 15 Pro Max and now I have SOS"

-------

Getting Out of SOS Mode:

SOS means that you do not have Cellular service at this very moment, but you do have the option to make emergency calls. So, contact you Carrier to get your services back up and running.

Overview this Link: If you See No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Suppor

Nov 13, 2023 7:14 AM in response to Gloria M

I am now in Liberty (my carrier) as suggested above. I called last night and they could not do anything because the process of changing my phone from ATT to Liberty blocked it. They tried sending me a QR code, but it would no accept it. So now I’m here hoping they can unblock and fix it soon. Thank you both for your help! I’m attaching the other message I received when they tried to add the eSIM card.

A provider switch blocked my iPhone 15 Pro Max and now I have SOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.