You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to add a pdf file to apple wallet

Can’t save pdf boarding pass to the apple wallet

iPhone 5s, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 6:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2024 7:51 AM

In the past I have been able to save my auto insurance cards to wallet without clicking an add to wallet button… Is this a new thing? Now I am not sure where to save my auto insurance cards??

11 replies

Nov 13, 2023 6:17 AM in response to Dwehmoor

You can't add a PDF file itself, however...

Please add a ticket/card/pass from the mail or the document that you have received when you bought the ticket/card/pass.

• The ticket/card/pass cannot be added directly from the Wallet app.
  • Instead, you can add it to the Wallet app by using the ticket/card/pass document or the email that you may have received.

However, you may add any of the following passes/tickets

Adding Boarding Passes, Bookmyshow Tickets, IRCTC (Railway) tickets, Airline Tickets, Game Tickets and Hotel Bookings are only possible if the issuer has enabled the "Add to Apple Wallet" feature for the tickets/passes issued by them. See some examples below.

The card issuer must enable the "Add to Apple Wallet" feature.

You will find this in the Card Issue Document

1. Tap Add to Apple Wallet.

Jul 14, 2024 2:17 PM in response to fbc_eagle

They don’t go on your Watch, they go onto iPhone, if the company that issues the documents supports Apple Wallet app. For example a drivers license would be useless on a Watch because everything would be so small, it could not be examined by authorities. Currently none of the devices necessary to support and verify documents on a phone support screens as small as the Watch.

Sep 17, 2024 11:24 AM in response to muguy

My research on the same theater ticket question finds that it is not possible without a utility app to convert the pdf to pkpass format. Even though the email conf/tickets I received suggest adding to wallet but offer no link to do so. And Wallet no longer has an option from within app to "get" anything but credit/debit/transit cards.

My usual mo is to download the org's app then use their add to wallet button, then delete the app, but obviously not all orgs have an app, which is how I got here.

How to add a pdf file to apple wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.