hide album art

When working with my library, how can I hide album art? It takes up unnecessary space and detracts from the user experience when searching and organizing music. There has to be a way of toggling it off as a view option, right?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 3:16 AM

You can use the Library/Songs view:

and set that view's Column Browser to display the columns you want (I have Genres, Artists and Albums):

(I have my Playlists shown in the left sidebar, although in these screenshots, I've hidden them for clarity.

As you can see, no artwork is shown.

I can narrow down my view by using the Column Browser to select a genre, or an artist or an album. The results are shown in the panel underneath it, and I have chosen the columns to be shown and the order they are in. My choices mean that I have to scroll left and right or adjust the column width.

Clicking in the column header sorts by that column. In the screenshot below, I have moved the Last Played column to a new position and sorted on that column:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2023 3:16 AM in response to M0SSCAT

You can use the Library/Songs view:

and set that view's Column Browser to display the columns you want (I have Genres, Artists and Albums):

(I have my Playlists shown in the left sidebar, although in these screenshots, I've hidden them for clarity.

As you can see, no artwork is shown.

I can narrow down my view by using the Column Browser to select a genre, or an artist or an album. The results are shown in the panel underneath it, and I have chosen the columns to be shown and the order they are in. My choices mean that I have to scroll left and right or adjust the column width.

Clicking in the column header sorts by that column. In the screenshot below, I have moved the Last Played column to a new position and sorted on that column:

hide album art

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.