Need iPad size for cover

ML3T2LL/A

that is the model under settings. It says it’s 12.9”. I ordered a protective cover and when it arrived it was clearly too small.

I don’t know the real size or generation. I need a simple protective cover for it.

Tom

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 12:59 PM

12.9 is the screen size, and different models have different layouts and different sizes depending on the bezels and things like that. Knowing the generation is extremely needed when ordering cases to make sure you get the right one…..As you figured out, that’s why when you look at the titles of iPads it usually will say things like “iPad Pro 12.9 (6th Gen)” or whatever to help identify it correctly

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2023 12:59 PM in response to Stearman99

12.9 is the screen size, and different models have different layouts and different sizes depending on the bezels and things like that. Knowing the generation is extremely needed when ordering cases to make sure you get the right one…..As you figured out, that’s why when you look at the titles of iPads it usually will say things like “iPad Pro 12.9 (6th Gen)” or whatever to help identify it correctly

Nov 13, 2023 12:57 PM in response to ZintainUSA

OK now I know with all your help that it’s first generation. And everybody calls at 12.9 inch which is the first cover I ordered.

I measured mine in the diagonal was more than 12.9 inches. At least the entire device was. I assumed they were using that number based on screen size or something of that. I received the cover today and it was remarkably smaller than my iPad.

Need iPad size for cover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.