Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Battery Health

Hello, my battery health of iPhone 14 went to 99% after about a month's usage. I have a fixed charging pattern of charging it daily in the morning for about 30-40 mins except for Sat and Sun. I charge my phone when it comes to near 20 and then unplug it when it is near 85%. I don't have any games installed. I do use camera a little more on some days. I checked the battery cycle count using one shortcut and it showed 28 cycles. Also, out of the box the iPhone came with iOS 16. something and after that I've updated to iOS 17 for 3 different updates.Should I be worried?

iPhone 14

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2023 5:56 PM

It is perfectly normal for Battery Health to decline at an average rate of about 1% a month. That's an average. Some months, it might not decline at all, and then drop 2% the following month.

Plan to replace the battery when the Maximum Capacity is down to 80%.

Most of the users who answer questions on this support forum connect their phones to the power adapter and leave it connected all night, every night. That is the single best....and easiest....way to preserve the life of your battery.

Personally, we will get 4+ years of service from the battery in the iPhone 11s here by using the method above. Your results may vary.

Bonus....you start every day with a fully charged battery.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2023 5:56 PM in response to shuklarushit

It is perfectly normal for Battery Health to decline at an average rate of about 1% a month. That's an average. Some months, it might not decline at all, and then drop 2% the following month.

Plan to replace the battery when the Maximum Capacity is down to 80%.

Most of the users who answer questions on this support forum connect their phones to the power adapter and leave it connected all night, every night. That is the single best....and easiest....way to preserve the life of your battery.

Personally, we will get 4+ years of service from the battery in the iPhone 11s here by using the method above. Your results may vary.

Bonus....you start every day with a fully charged battery.

Nov 14, 2023 7:58 PM in response to shuklarushit

The "charger" is in the phone. It automatically regulates the voltage. The phone will charge fairly quickly to 80% and then charge very slowly to 100%. When the battery reaches 100%, the charger in the phone automatically stops.

It is impossible to overcharge the phone, even if you leave the power adapter connected to the phone for days.

Battery Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.