No Audio into Logic 10.8 from Scarlett

Hello. This week I updated both my Mac OS to Sonoma 14.1.1 and Logic Pro 10.8. Since then, I get no audio into Logic. Rather, I still see and hear audio coming through the Focusrite Control application fine; however, when I arm the corresponding track in Logic there is nothing. No meter moving or audio.

Help?

Video of me confirming set up

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 1:03 PM

I figured out the problem and it’s a strange one. 

The new “orange microphone” icon in the OS menu bar had two options:

1. Standard

2. Voice Isolation

When on Voice Isolation, no audio goes from the interface into Logic. When on Standard, it works as it should. 

Very strange and not a "feature" I would have requested.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2023 1:03 PM in response to indytone

I figured out the problem and it’s a strange one. 

The new “orange microphone” icon in the OS menu bar had two options:

1. Standard

2. Voice Isolation

When on Voice Isolation, no audio goes from the interface into Logic. When on Standard, it works as it should. 

Very strange and not a "feature" I would have requested.

Nov 16, 2023 3:43 AM in response to indytone

Thank you so much! This just resolved an issue I've had with my Scarlett. It was sending a very weak signal from one input one (input 1) to ALL channels in Logic Pro. Nothing else was being sent from the Scarlett. I've just spent 2 hrs on the phone with an incredibly helpful and persistant Focusrite support analyst who could easily have said "not our problem" and left to me it. He tried everything to help and finally had to give up and research this for me. After more searching I just found this post and it's fixed my issue.

This is surely a bug in Logic or OSX. It can't be working as designed.

May 7, 2024 8:07 AM in response to indytone

This is exactly what was happening to me too, so thanks a million for posting the solution! I agree this is a very strange and unwelcome change. Just to add some information: if you have a mic plugged in to input 1, and an instrument in input 2, with the "voice isolation" option active, you only get voice through input 2! That really threw me out. This need fixing! Also, as it seems to affect all inputs universally, it does not seem possible to apply voice isolation to individual inputs. That might be useful for the mic, but not for the instrument input.

No Audio into Logic 10.8 from Scarlett

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.