You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone can’t make calls out expect where there is wifi what can I do?

Thanks,I bought iPhone 11 from a friend and it was locked,I went to unlocked it, since then is written SOS on the screen ,but if I connected to wifi it work perfect ,but when am off wifi I can’t use the phone.what can I do?

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 5:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 5:33 PM

For now, turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone. Settings > Wi-Fi > Off.

If SOS appears on the screen, the phone does not have an active cellular connection to your carrier. Contact your carrier for help to get things going again.

When your cellular connection is working again, SOS will not appear on the phone. You can turn the Wi-Fi back on at this time.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2023 5:33 PM in response to oluwakayode83

For now, turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone. Settings > Wi-Fi > Off.

If SOS appears on the screen, the phone does not have an active cellular connection to your carrier. Contact your carrier for help to get things going again.

When your cellular connection is working again, SOS will not appear on the phone. You can turn the Wi-Fi back on at this time.

My iPhone can’t make calls out expect where there is wifi what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.