Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

PTGui Pro Best Configuration

I'm on the edge of getting a new computer and debating what configuration will suit me best with the primary concern of running PTGui Pro properly for stitching 360 photos for virtual tours.

What I've noticed with my 16GB M1 Macbook Air (yes it's just a toy) any time I have more than 3 brackets, it starts to really chug. So obviously the number of files and overall amount of file data (I shoot EOS R RAW & convert files to 16 bit TIFF prior to stitching using ACR) pushes that system to be really slow, in fact it's about the same speed as my old PC with an i7 and 1060 graphics card & 32GB ram.

Ideally, I'd like to at least 5x the speed of stitching and rendering, if not faster.

Has anyone done tests to compare Mac M1 M2 Pro, Max and Ultra configurations to see where the law of diminishing returns starts to kick in?

I would be willing to supply an image set to someone willing to do tests since there's literally no info on this that I can find.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2023 6:36 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

PTGui Pro Best Configuration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.