No emojis in instagram app on iPad with Smart Keyboard Folio (external keyboard)

I have just purchased an iPad Pro 11”, installed the latest iPadOS 17.1.1, I’m getting everything set up and I noticed that I can’t activate the emoji keyboard in instagram. It’s only the instagram app so far that this is a problem in, I can use them fine in notes, mail etc.

I have Emoji set up as one of my languages in ‘Keyboard’

I have tried using the world button + e

I have tried holding down the control key

Doing these last two things allows me to switch between English and any other languages I have on my iPad but not emoji. I removed all other languages to leave only English and Emoji and now there are no options when I try and switch, just English.

I can’t see a way to activate the onscreen keyboard either … I feel like this might be an instagram issue more than an apple one, since it’s only in that app? Can anyone help?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Nov 15, 2023 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2024 8:27 PM

im in the exact same boat. globe key used to activate IG emoji keyboard updates ago, but nothing — no key commands do it now. i have to remove ipad from magic keyboard and then the onscreen keyboard will allow emojis but like.. how is this progress for a feature that used to work just fine??

Similar questions

6 replies

No emojis in instagram app on iPad with Smart Keyboard Folio (external keyboard)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.