can you turn on iCloud Desktop and Documents on 2 different computers? How does that work out?

I have two laptops: MacBook Pro and MacBook Air. The MB Pro has iCloud set up for Desktop and Documents and I know I can access them through finder on my MB Air, but what would happen if I set the MB Air for iCloud set up for Desktop and Documents too?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Nov 16, 2023 2:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2023 2:37 PM

You can turn it on in both Macs. See the following excerpts from Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Turn on Desktop and Documents on every Mac that you want to use with iCloud Drive.

and

You can find your Desktop and Documents folders in the iCloud section of the Finder sidebar. If you add a second Mac Desktop, you can find those files in the Desktop folder in iCloud Drive. Look for a folder with the same name as your second Mac. You can also use Spotlight to search for specific file names. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2023 2:37 PM in response to jblisstyau

You can turn it on in both Macs. See the following excerpts from Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Turn on Desktop and Documents on every Mac that you want to use with iCloud Drive.

and

You can find your Desktop and Documents folders in the iCloud section of the Finder sidebar. If you add a second Mac Desktop, you can find those files in the Desktop folder in iCloud Drive. Look for a folder with the same name as your second Mac. You can also use Spotlight to search for specific file names. 

can you turn on iCloud Desktop and Documents on 2 different computers? How does that work out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.