Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iCloud sync two macs?

Currently I have a MacBook Pro. I am going to get an iMac.

Can I have both Macs save their Desktop & Documents folder to the same iCloud Drive?

Assuming I can save both, would that be a way to keep both Mac in sync with each other for the Documents folder?

Posted on May 5, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 7:51 PM

Hey there Twocybers,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’d like to know if you can use Desktop and Documents in iCloud Drive across two Mac computers. I’ll be happy to help with this.

According to the article Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive, ‘In the Finder, you'll see your Desktop and Documents folder in the iCloud section of your sidebar. If you add a second Mac Desktop, you'll find those files in the Desktop folder in iCloud Drive. A folder is created with the same name as your second Mac.’ 

It looks like this does make it possible to access both from your Mac.

Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 7:51 PM in response to Twocybers

Hey there Twocybers,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’d like to know if you can use Desktop and Documents in iCloud Drive across two Mac computers. I’ll be happy to help with this.

According to the article Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive, ‘In the Finder, you'll see your Desktop and Documents folder in the iCloud section of your sidebar. If you add a second Mac Desktop, you'll find those files in the Desktop folder in iCloud Drive. A folder is created with the same name as your second Mac.’ 

It looks like this does make it possible to access both from your Mac.

Regards.

Will iCloud sync two macs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.