Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sync two Macs through iCloud, identically?

I would like to sync two or more Macs through iCloud so that their desktops and Documents folders are identical, and every time I update one Mac desktop or Documents folder, it automatically gets updated on the other Mac. Is this possible? I can do this presently with my Dropbox account, but would like to consolidate everything to iCloud if possible.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 3:12 PM

Files will be on all devices. If you make a change, that change will be pushed through iCloud so your documents are kept in sync. You need to be connected to a network for the sync to happen; or, it will happen when you connect again. It’s a fairly seamless process. If you elect to optimize your Mac storage, files could be offloaded to save space on your device (if space becomes necessary). In that case you would have to download first.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2022 3:12 PM in response to MacingSince86

Files will be on all devices. If you make a change, that change will be pushed through iCloud so your documents are kept in sync. You need to be connected to a network for the sync to happen; or, it will happen when you connect again. It’s a fairly seamless process. If you elect to optimize your Mac storage, files could be offloaded to save space on your device (if space becomes necessary). In that case you would have to download first.

Can I sync two Macs through iCloud, identically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.