You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I change my apple community name?

Hey, I’m wondering if there is a way to change my apple community name without goin through a long process of emails.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 9:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2024 7:16 AM

junaidjabbar wrote:

You are unable to change your username on Apple Support Communities, once you have created an account.The only way around this would be to create another Apple ID, and then you would be able to create a new Apple Support Communities account and pick a username of your choice.

That is not entirely correct. While the end user can't change the user name, the Hosts (Apple employees who manage the forums) can do so under some circumstances. It doesn't hurt to ask. The user who started this thread has had their username changed by the Hosts to the one they requested. They did not need to start a new account.

32 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2024 7:16 AM in response to junaidjabbar

junaidjabbar wrote:

You are unable to change your username on Apple Support Communities, once you have created an account.The only way around this would be to create another Apple ID, and then you would be able to create a new Apple Support Communities account and pick a username of your choice.

That is not entirely correct. While the end user can't change the user name, the Hosts (Apple employees who manage the forums) can do so under some circumstances. It doesn't hurt to ask. The user who started this thread has had their username changed by the Hosts to the one they requested. They did not need to start a new account.

Nov 17, 2023 9:58 AM in response to zzane

Someone here with reporting privileges has to notify a moderator and, yes, they use email to contact you. As another end user, I have no way to know if there are alternate contact methods used, just that changing is not self-serve.

The current system exists because, at one time, people were changing names daily and causing a great deal fo confusion here, including using the ability to change to abuse other members. A handful of people made life difficult or everyone.

I will notify the mods of your questions and you can see if that works out.

Nov 17, 2023 10:17 AM in response to zzane

I am an end user and can only relay messages. I can't fix, but have sent a second note to the mods. If you do not want to set up email yet, I have no idea what options they have to work with you.

As there are an estimated 3 million English-speaking users of these forums world-wide, many short names are already taken.

That's all I can do here.

Apr 12, 2024 12:00 PM in response to Ayana_AM

mjolcrad198 wrote:

Thank you, @IdrisSeabright.

They seem to have changed it without following up with me. The change they did is not to my liking. Can I choose my own?

You now know as much as I do about the process. There is an address in the "Apple Support Community Terms of Use" (see the very bottom of the page in small print to click on the link). You could try that.

How do I change my apple community name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.