Lost old wallpaper and gained a silly 2nd time CUP thingy on lockscreen

Howdy,

Two issues. With the new update my simple Apple factory but much loved greenish wallpaper has gone and not available with the new batch available on the phone. I am vision impaired and the new options are difficult for me to see so I am frustrated.

The second issue is a lock screen round CUP widget shortcut to CLOCK that I would like to get rid but cannot figure out how.

Thank you Apple Community.

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 11:49 AM

1) If you should like the old green Lock Screen back then you can go to your web browser then find a similar picture and download it then go to settings > wallpaper > chose from photos then pick the wallpaper you downloaded.

2) To edit widget on Home Screen, if you have Face ID then look at the screen and instead of swiping up hold on the Lock Screen and the you can edit it and remove and add widgets on your choice. If you don’t have Face ID then head to wallpaper in settings and then you edit current wallpaper then you can do same.

Make sure to see the difference from home screen and Lock Screen wallpapers.

For more in-depth view on wallpapers for Lock Screen and the Home Screen read this article, and I hope this helped.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2023 11:49 AM in response to TerrySummer

1) If you should like the old green Lock Screen back then you can go to your web browser then find a similar picture and download it then go to settings > wallpaper > chose from photos then pick the wallpaper you downloaded.

2) To edit widget on Home Screen, if you have Face ID then look at the screen and instead of swiping up hold on the Lock Screen and the you can edit it and remove and add widgets on your choice. If you don’t have Face ID then head to wallpaper in settings and then you edit current wallpaper then you can do same.

Make sure to see the difference from home screen and Lock Screen wallpapers.

For more in-depth view on wallpapers for Lock Screen and the Home Screen read this article, and I hope this helped.

Nov 17, 2023 11:52 AM in response to zzane

Thanks for responding zzane. I went to the App store and scrolled through several pages of non original Apple wallpapers but could not find mine. I did the same online at Google images to no avail. It was kinda similar to the new red/orange/purple/blue wallpaper that came with yesterdays update. It is an Apple wallpaper that came with my iphone 12 mini.

I did go through settings but it seem that the new red/orange/purple/blue wallpaper is the new offering and replaced the green one.

And plot twist: The CUP time thingy shortcut has now vanished which is a positive development.

Lost old wallpaper and gained a silly 2nd time CUP thingy on lockscreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.