Move Voice Memos from iphone TO my PC; TO my PC, TO my PC

Help! I do not understand iTunes very well, or iPhone very well. I have a bunch of voice memos ON my phone that I want to move TO my computer. All the help articles I can find talk about files being moved from the computer to the phone during syncing, and say the info on the phone will be deleted! Why would anyone want to go from computer to phone? I always want to go the other way. I take pictures, memos, notes on the phone, and want to put them on my computer.

I downloaded iTunes for PC, v. 12.12.8.2. I guess long ago I synced my phone, because there are 20 voice memos on iTunes that are not on my phone now. I have about 50 voice memos on my phone that I don't want to lose. When I connect my phone to iTunes and select "music" then click the box beside "sync music" I get a warning pop up that says: "Are you sure you want to remove existing music, movies, TV shows, and books from this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?" Very ambiguous. What does that mean? No, I don't want to "remove" things from my phone, I just want to copy them to iTunes. I don't want to lose either the memos on the computer or the memos on my phone. I am afraid to click "yes."

I just want to copy the memos from my phone to the PC. Why is it so hard to give clear instructions, Apple? Everything I read about iPhone and iTunes is ambiguous and unclear. The terms "sync" and "back up" are not defined, and everyone writes as though obviously all readers are Apple and computer whizzes who understand all the esoteric terminology. I do not.

Please help.

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 9:49 AM

Got it. I succumbed and used iCloud Drive. I can save to files on my phone to iCloud drive, then sign into iCloud on my PC and download the files. I don't like it much, but it does work. Thanks for the help, all.

Similar questions

7 replies

Nov 17, 2023 6:01 PM in response to LancelotsLover

This Apple Support. app from the iPhone user guide: Share a recording in Voice Memos on iPhone - Apple Support

says:

(using AirDrop, Mail, Messages, and more):

Share a recording

1. In your Voice Memos list, tap a saved recording, then tap .
  2. Tap Share, choose a sharing option, select or enter a recipient, then tap Done or .

Share more than one recording

1. Tap Edit above the list of recordings, then select the recordings you want to share.
  2. Tap , choose a sharing option, select or enter a recipient, then tap Done or .

Nov 18, 2023 9:28 AM in response to LancelotsLover

Hi. General support for transferring voice memos was removed in iTunes 12.7, which is when app management features were also removed from iTunes. Apple seem to have focused on cloud sharing, which works only works automatically with recent versions of macOS. See Share a recording in Voice Memos on iPhone - Apple Support. You can export to the Files app for use with various third party cloud sharing tools and/or Dropbox.

tt2

Move Voice Memos from iphone TO my PC; TO my PC, TO my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.