Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to add a new wireless printer to my MacBook Pro?

Im trying to add a new wireless printer to my MacBook Pro and can’t remember my Administrator name and password

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2023 4:19 PM

Then you will have to enter your Wife's name as listed there and her password that she uses to login to the Mac.

She can also change your Standard User to an Admin user by following these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
  2. Click Users & Groups.
  3. Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
  4. Select a standard user or managed user in the list of users, then select “Allow user to administer this computer.”

She will need to do this after she logs into her account.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2023 4:19 PM in response to BlackFriday1

Then you will have to enter your Wife's name as listed there and her password that she uses to login to the Mac.

She can also change your Standard User to an Admin user by following these steps:

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
  2. Click Users & Groups.
  3. Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.
  4. Select a standard user or managed user in the list of users, then select “Allow user to administer this computer.”

She will need to do this after she logs into her account.

How to add a new wireless printer to my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.