MacBook Battery Health indicator missing

MacBook Pro, running Monterey 12.6.3. There's supposed to be a Battery Health button in Settings/Battery/Battery. There's none here - is there any way to install (or reinstate) it?

Same battery since I bought it in 2020, but it was a refurbished Mac, so I don't know if it was the original battery.

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 1:01 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried all of them without any success. The only thing I haven't done yet is reinstall MacOS

5 replies

Nov 19, 2023 5:01 PM in response to kwc_maine

Have you tried rebooting the laptop?

Also, you are behind on Monterey updates. Try installing all the latest Monterey patches.

Also try booting into Safe Mode to see if that makes any difference.

Try creating a new macOS admin user account. Log out of your main user account, then log into the new macOS admin account to see if the new user account has the "Battery Health" button.

Nov 19, 2023 10:34 AM in response to D.I. Johnson

Thanks for your reply. That's what I would expect, from the documentation, but it's not there. Looking at screen shots from the web, it should be right next to "Restore Defaults". The ? to the right of that brings up explanations of all the settings and also says where to find Battery Health, but it is not there, as you can see from the screen shot below.

If anyone has an idea how to find it, add it, or anything, please let me know.

MacBook Battery Health indicator missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.