Stop “maybe” suggestions and automatically adding contact and name to unsaved numbers

First off, apple phones have some of THE most annoying features I’ve ever encountered in my entire life.

secondly, how do I STOP my phone from automatically adding UNSAVED numbers in my phone with someone’s full name and photo. I like to keep certain numbers unsaved in my phone but this feature is adding full names and photos and saying “maybe”. I really want this to stop….

Also, this new update has made it hard for me to delete contact photos altogether.

Please don’t tell me to turn off Siri suggestions and all that other stuff because it doesn’t work not fix the issue…

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 18, 2023 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2023 8:23 AM

thank you for your response… it DID NOT WORK.

5 replies

Nov 18, 2023 11:07 PM in response to Mshaa__

You can disable this feature, if you want, by:

1. Go to Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendars
  2. Under Contacts > Siri & Search > Fine Contacts in Other Apps, toggle the switch to the OFF position
  3. Under Calendar > Siri & Search > Fine Contacts in Other Apps, toggle the switch to the OFF position
  4. Under Mail > Siri & Search > Fine Contacts in Other Apps, toggle the switch to the OFF position

Stop “maybe” suggestions and automatically adding contact and name to unsaved numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.