I wish to erase the contents of an iPhone with a joint Apple ID and password.

I have a iPhone 6s that I wish to give away. My problem is this was my wife's phone and she and I shared the Apple ID and password. Now when I try to make changes on the 6s it changes my 14pro.

iMac 24″, macOS 14.1

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 4:17 PM

GreyFox1944 wrote:

I gave it a try. The first thing I did was selected a contact and removed it manually. Unfortunately it removed it from my iPhone 14 Pro too. My issue is the two phones are now acting as one.

If you remove things manually, like you tried with the contact, the deletion will sync to your other devices.

If you follow my advice in my previous post and use the directions in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support your old phone will be erased and that erasure will NOT sync with your other devices.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2023 4:17 PM in response to GreyFox1944

GreyFox1944 wrote:

I gave it a try. The first thing I did was selected a contact and removed it manually. Unfortunately it removed it from my iPhone 14 Pro too. My issue is the two phones are now acting as one.

If you remove things manually, like you tried with the contact, the deletion will sync to your other devices.

If you follow my advice in my previous post and use the directions in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support your old phone will be erased and that erasure will NOT sync with your other devices.

I wish to erase the contents of an iPhone with a joint Apple ID and password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.