You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated to iOS 17.1.1 and can no longer access App Store

I updated to iOS 17.1.1 on my iPhone SE today (1st or 2nd Gen) and just realised I can no longer access the App Store. When I click on it, I get the following message:

No Internet Connection Your iPhone is not connected to the internet. To connect, turn off Airplane Mode or connect to a Wi-Fi network.

As far as I can tell, my internet is working fine (various sites and other Apps accessed from my iPhone using mobile data and Wi-Fi, with laptop as 'control'. No apparent problems with the router. The only connectivity issue is with the App Store. If I try to access it via the internet, it just forwards me to the App and I get the No Internet Connection message again.

I'd seen something about VPNs causing problems, so I deleted one I found on my phone, but that hasn't made a difference.

Is it a known glitch with the update – or has anyone had this issue and found a solution?

Thanks!

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Nov 21, 2023 4:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2023 4:41 AM

UPDATE

This issue has now been resolved, by resetting my network settings.

Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings

(This resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.)

It may/will log you out of Wi-Fi, so make sure you have that password handy to log back in.

No problems with any of the existing apps I've tested, but if in doubt, I'd recommend chatting with an Apple adviser. (Preferably on a different device so you can stay on the chat while updating your iPhone.)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2023 4:41 AM in response to Taffhamster

UPDATE

This issue has now been resolved, by resetting my network settings.

Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings

(This resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.)

It may/will log you out of Wi-Fi, so make sure you have that password handy to log back in.

No problems with any of the existing apps I've tested, but if in doubt, I'd recommend chatting with an Apple adviser. (Preferably on a different device so you can stay on the chat while updating your iPhone.)

Updated to iOS 17.1.1 and can no longer access App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.