I can't create a new mailbox on my iPhone

I’m trying to create a new mailbox, iCloud. iPhone 14, iOS 17.1.1…following this;

1. In the Mailboxes list, tap Edit in the upper-right corner, then tap New Mailbox.
  2. Give your mailbox a name. If you have more than one email account set up on your device, tap Mailbox Location and choose the account where you want to create a mailbox.
  3. Tap Save, then tap Done."

Easy enough, but it won’t work. Doesn’t show up.

Any other ideas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 24, 2023 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2024 4:35 AM

I used to be able to create them on my phone. Why doesn’t it work now?

16 replies

May 25, 2024 9:06 AM in response to jcp333

I’ve been having this issue as well. I’ll try to create a new mailbox by going through all the steps then clicking save but the mailbox is not in the mailbox list. Then I’ll create another with a different name and it works. Obviously I’m going through the correct steps but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Why is this an issue that hasn’t been resolved? It’s so frustrating especially when my old yahoo mail has become a junk email I can no longer keep up with so I now use I use new email to stay organized but I can’t organize my emails by creating folders for them.

Apr 15, 2024 7:07 AM in response to jcp333

I don’t understand either I can create for one then not the next.Half the time you can’t use actually names ,like say you want to put all TikTok emails together ,you can’t just make it under that name you got to separate or use emojis as letters.Then I can create one then not another.Ive created probably a 100 that haven’t showed up ,where do they all go if not in the iCloud mail on phone.Is there a place there all listed and why they don’t work.Don’t understand at all ,it’s so difficult sometimes and is there a limit ,it says no on most answers.What if I want 50 mailboxes and then 100 sub mailboxes under each of those.Like say the mailbox is social media and I want to put sub mailboxes under it like Facebook,Instagram,TikTok,etc.Whats allowed what’s not.

I can't create a new mailbox on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.