new airpods already has a name

just bought new airpod pro 2 & noticed after connecting it my iPhone it has a name setup

is that standard?

Posted on Nov 24, 2023 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 6:10 AM

Interesting 🤔 that there was a name associated to the AirPods.

1. the first question I have is, if they are new why would there be a name associated to them?
  2. that raise a red flag
  3. that tells me they are not new either refurbished and not tell you and trying to sell them as new.
  4. if they are new and for testing purpose there should not be a name associated with them.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2024 6:10 AM in response to TheLittles

Interesting 🤔 that there was a name associated to the AirPods.

1. the first question I have is, if they are new why would there be a name associated to them?
  2. that raise a red flag
  3. that tells me they are not new either refurbished and not tell you and trying to sell them as new.
  4. if they are new and for testing purpose there should not be a name associated with them.

Nov 24, 2023 9:36 PM in response to jcalbes

jcalbes Said:

"new airpods already has a name: just bought new airpod pro 2 & noticed after connecting it my iPhone it has a name setup is that standard?"

-------

Seeing Other's Name on a New Device:

No. This is not standard. So, return this. If purchased anew, then it is likely a purchased device that was never disassociated form other person's Apple ID. It happened to me when I purchased my 2017 Mac. It was returned to the store, and then Apple Store Associate never checked to see if it was still added to another's Apple ID.

Apr 19, 2024 7:17 AM in response to Apple858

Apple858 Said:

"Interesting 🤔 that there was a name associated to the AirPods."

-------

Removal of Name Associated to AirPods:

The clerk at the counter who performed the return reportedly didn't know any better and never removed the original buyer's name from the sale. How that is determined is beyond my knowledge, though I assume it is through the Serial Number. I don't work for Apple. I'm just an everyday participant of these forums, like yourself.

new airpods already has a name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.