How do i get my wifes apple watch to unlock mac as well, theres no option for second watch?

mac mini somona

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 8:26 AM

Forgive me if I’m stating the obvious. A Mac can be set up to allow each user to have their own account which is Apple’s preferred way for a Mac to be shared. If you and your wife are simply sharing the Mac without each of you having your own account then the watch wakeup feature will only work for one person.

If each of you have an Apple account set up and she is logged into her account her watch will wake up the Mac. (This assumes she was logged in as the user when it went to sleep.)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2023 8:26 AM in response to jig uk

Forgive me if I’m stating the obvious. A Mac can be set up to allow each user to have their own account which is Apple’s preferred way for a Mac to be shared. If you and your wife are simply sharing the Mac without each of you having your own account then the watch wakeup feature will only work for one person.

If each of you have an Apple account set up and she is logged into her account her watch will wake up the Mac. (This assumes she was logged in as the user when it went to sleep.)

How do i get my wifes apple watch to unlock mac as well, theres no option for second watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.