What should I do about seeing the unknown parts message ?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2023 2:34 PM

If you had the screen on your iPhone replaced by ANYONE other than Apple or an actual Apple Authorized Service Provider (such as BestBuy in the US), there is nothing you can do about the unknown part notification. And that would be because you don't have an authentic screen on your iPhone. Apple will not touch an iPhone which has been tampered with by anyone. It won't be accepted in trade to Apple, and you'll have to disclose to anyone you might ever want to sell the phone to that it doesn't have an authentic Apple Screen.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2023 2:34 PM in response to allicia224

If you had the screen on your iPhone replaced by ANYONE other than Apple or an actual Apple Authorized Service Provider (such as BestBuy in the US), there is nothing you can do about the unknown part notification. And that would be because you don't have an authentic screen on your iPhone. Apple will not touch an iPhone which has been tampered with by anyone. It won't be accepted in trade to Apple, and you'll have to disclose to anyone you might ever want to sell the phone to that it doesn't have an authentic Apple Screen.

Nov 25, 2023 2:36 PM in response to allicia224

Either your iPhone's display has been replaced by an unauthorized service center, or it has failed in such as way that your iPhone cannot verify that it is genuine.

If you have had your display replaced and you see this message, you need to go back to whomever replaced your display and tell them to do it correctly.

If you have not had your display replaced, then you should visit an Apple Store or authorized service center to explore your options. See iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

Nov 26, 2023 7:48 AM in response to allicia224

So what I should do about the non genuine apple part that showing on my phone?

There is nothing that you can do about this.

my maximum battery capacity is only 74% my phone is 11pro iphone

The battery needs to be replaced. You can try to have an authorized Apple service shop install a new battery, but they will likely refuse to work on the phone since it has been tampered with.

You can find a list of authorized shops in your area using the link just below:

Find Locations

If an authorized shop will not work on the phone, all that you can do is have a non-authorized shop install a non-authorized battery and hope for the best.

Nov 26, 2023 7:51 AM in response to lobsterghost1

The battery make the phone get very hot as soon as it meets 73 cause remember I said the maximum is 74% so wen it pass that the battery get dead fast percentages drops faster.and I don’t think I will accept a next phone from the store cause I begin to don’t trust them no more buying a phone …why would someone want to mess with the battery and not even a genuine apple part in it .i know it’s a refurbished phone but till cannot do that mon

Nov 26, 2023 8:12 AM in response to allicia224

We can't speak for whoever you purchased the phone from and the parts they used. When you buy either a brand new iPhone or a refurbished iPhone directly from Apple, you will be assured it is certified by Apple to contain only authentic parts. You're best bet if you want to continue to use your iPhone is to take it to a 3rd party shop, but they will have access to 3rd party parts, not authentic Apple parts.

What should I do about seeing the unknown parts message ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.