Excluding Library folder from search?

Is it possible to exclude the Library folder from a Finder search? I have the Outlook app on my macbook, and a standard search brings up ancient emails, attachments, and so forth, which makes sorting the hits from the chaff a bit tedious.

Edit: Now I'm really confused: Search doesn't seem to search for files in the Library most of the time (at least, a quick search of some known files didn't find them), BUT, it picks up all the Outlook files in the Library. I'd love to have a way to exclude those.

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 8:52 AM

G_Luv wrote:

Is it possible to exclude the Library folder from a Finder search? I have the Outlook app on my macbook, and a standard search brings up ancient emails, attachments, and so forth, which makes sorting the hits from the chaff a bit tedious.

Edit: Now I'm really confused: Search doesn't seem to search for files in the Library most of the time (at least, a quick search of some known files didn't find them), BUT, it picks up all the Outlook files in the Library. I'd love to have a way to exclude those.

>System Settings>Siri & Spotlight> add to spotlight privacy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2023 8:52 AM in response to G_Luv

G_Luv wrote:

>System Settings>Siri & Spotlight> add to spotlight privacy

Excluding Library folder from search?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.